- onion, white or yellow, 1
- red tomatoes, ripe, 2 pounds OR tomatoes, chopped, two 14-ounce cans
- red or white table wine, 1/2 cup
- cloves of garlic, whole, 3
- oregano, fresh, 2 tablespoons (or 1 tbsp. dry)
- parsley, fresh, 2 tablespoons (or 1 tbsp. dry)
- basil, fresh, 2 tablespoons (or 1 tbsp. dry)
- salt and pepper to taste
- bay leaf, 1 whole
- olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- tomato paste, 2 cans (and 2 cans of water)
Combine all ingredients in crock pot and simmer for at least 4 or 5 hours.
Note: When sauce is finished cooking, remove the whole onion and cloves of garlic.
Thanks, Pamela Wooley!