- onion, brown or white, diced finely, 1
- cloves of garlic, diced finely, 3
- brown rice, cooked, 3 cups
- celery, chopped, 3 stalks
- olive oil, 3 tablespoons
- tofu, firm, cut into small cubes, one 12-ounce package
- acorn squash, small to medium, 4
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Sauté the onion, garlic, and then add the celery and the cooked rice. Season with salt and pepper. Spike can be used to add extra flavor. Cut the acorn squash in half. Clean the seeds out of the center. Stuff the centers of the squash. Bake at 350 degrees in a covered glass casserole dish for approximately 45 to 55 minutes. Serve with a tossed green salad.
Thanks, Pamela Wooley!