- chicken or veggie broth, 3 cups
- tomatoes, stewed (or whole peeled), 14 oz.
- carrots, chopped, 1 cup
- potatoes, chopped, 1 cup
- celery, chopped, 1/2 cup
- green onion, chopped, 1
- cloves of garlic, crusted and diced, 2
Cook all these ingredients in chicken broth for about 20 minutes on medium heat. Then add:
- red and yellow bellpeppers, roasted, 1/2 cup
- cilantro, finely chopped, 1/2 cup
- 1/4 of an Anaheim chili
- 1/2 of a lime
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
Squeeze juice into soup. Add sea salt and pepper (optional). Put half the soup aside before you add protein (chicken, beef, soy) and blend slightly. Add pieces of chicken, beef, or soy protein. Just before serving, add thin tortilla strips, diced cilantro, and cheese of choice.
Thanks, Stephanie Mayo!
San Juan Capistrano, California