Lactobacillus GG (LGG) is a probiotic strain of “friendly” bacteria found in the intestines (called flora) and needed to maintain a healthy balance in the human digestive system. LGG is currently considered the “gold standard” of probiotics, having been the subject of more than 250 human clinical trials. In certain situations that are stressful on the body (especially when taking antibiotics), good bacterial flora can get depleted and must be replenished. The live LGG strain can be ingested in the form of a natural dietary supplement like Culturelle®, and some of its clinically proven health benefits include:
- Assists intestinal functioning
- Enhances and supports the body’s natural defenses
- Helps maintain healthy intestinal flora
- Helps manage the symptoms associated with occasional colic
- Helps prevent symptoms associated with occasional upset stomach
- Helps reduce symptoms associated with bowel and stomach discomfort
- Promotes regularity
Dr. Sears suggests: Culturelle®, one capsule daily.
- Culturelle® is clinically proven safe and effective for all ages including infants, children and pregnant women.
Culturelle® capsules are available at major pharmacy chains and natural health food stores.
- Although Culturelle® is most effective when taken with food, it can also be taken on an empty stomach. The capsules may also be opened and mixed with cool food or beverages (such as applesauce, pudding or juice). Please note that the probiotic content of one capsule of Culturelle® is roughly equivalent to 10 probiotic fortified yogurts.
- Culturelle® does not need to be refrigerated.
We suggest you begin LGG as a daily dietary supplement, in times of stress (such as travel), upon symptoms of indigestion, or while taking antibiotics. Continue taking it for one week after the problem or antibiotic is finished.
To learn more read:
Or visit: www.Culturelle.com