Try the following ways to relieve your nasal congestion naturally:
- Do not take prescription or over-the-counter decongestants, antihistamines,
or cortisone nasal sprays without your doctor's advice, since some of them are
not safe to take while pregnant.
- Humidify your bedroom air any time your central heating is on. (A warm-mist
vaporizer works well).
- Keep your nasal membranes from drying out to reduce your chance of nose
bleeds, another nuisance of pregnancy. They are usually mild and temporary
enough to be controlled by a few minutes of pressure on the nostrils.
- Use facial steamers (available in cosmetic departments and beauty supply
stores) to loosen secretions and relieve sinus congestion.
- Over-the-counter saline nasal spray is a safe and effective way to flush out
a stuffy nose. Soon after delivery your nasal passages should be less