Here are some tips on how to protect your family from the flu!
- Keep your hands away from your face. Touching your eyes and mouth are a fast-track into your body for viruses.
- Wash Your Hands. Run your soapy hands under warm water, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds to properly kill those germs
- Stay Home! Don’t go to school or work if you are sick. You don’t want to give it to everyone else, who then may return the favor.
- Keep well hydrated and eat good wholesome foods. This is especially important when you catch a cold or the flu.
- Increase immune-boosting foods. Fruits, vegetables, avocado, and fish are all good sources of omega-3 oils, which are really good for you. Essential fatty acids help boost your immune system. Selenium, which is found in fish, chicken, and whole grains, is a mineral known for boosting the immune system.
- Avoid a lot of sugar. A lot of people don’t realize this, but sugar actually suppresses your immune system!
- Watch your little “cold carriers”. Make sure they have tissues available for runny noses and to cough into. Have them wash their hands. Make sure they are not helping prepare food or cleaning the dishes, or sharing cups..
- Get plenty of rest. Staying well-rested will help your body heal and it reduces stress too!
More cold and flu tips from the Sears family here.