We first used this baked fish recipe 25 years ago to prepare fish caught from the boat dock of our cottage on Turning Island in Georgian Bay, Ontario.
- 11/2 – 2 pounds fish fillets (preferably salmon or tuna)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2-3/4 cup canola oil-based mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- fresh, ground pepper to taste
- paprikaPlace fish in oiled baking dish. Mix remaining ingredients, except paprika, and spread over fish. Bake at 475 degrees for 17-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until browned. Sprinkle with paprika.