Wild Alaskan Salmon – Wild Rice – Chard
6. oz fillet wild Alaskan salmon, 1 fillet per person (We like Vital Choice)
SAUCE (choose one)
- Blueberry Sauce (Option 1)
- 1/2 c. frozen or fresh blueberries
- Vital Choice Organic Salmon Marinade (Option 2, pictured above)
- 1 tsp. of marinade
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- Organic Wild Rice
- 1/2 c. raw sliced almonds
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1/3 c. chopped green onion
- Salt to taste
- 1 bunch of chard leaves, stems removed, chopped into bite-sized pieces (serves 1-3 people)
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 c. chopped walnuts
- 1/4 c. raisins
- 1 minced clove of garlic (optional)
- Salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste
Salmon, Wild Rice, & Chard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Start with wild rice. Follow cooking instructions on the package.
- While rice is cooking, prepare rice mix-ins: In a medium sauté pan, add butter, green onion and sliced almonds. Mix together on medium heat until green onions are soft.
- Once rice is cooked, add salt and butter to taste.
- Add green onion and sliced almonds to wild rice. Stir and set aside.
- Place salmon fillet in oven, coated with desired sauce (cook for 6 minutes before adding blueberry sauce), set timer for 12 minutes. Once cooked, salmon should flake easily. Do not overcook.
- Steam chard until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove chard from heat and set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, add olive oil, chopped walnuts and raisins. Cook on medium heat, add garlic when raisins begin to become round. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add chard to sauté. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste. Stir.
- Simmer blueberries in saucepan until reduced. Blueberries should have wrinkly appearance
- Stir continuously until blueberries look mushy and liquid forms. If too dry, add 1 tablespoon of water.
- Wait to coat salmon with blueberry sauce until salmon is half way cooked (6 minutes).
Organic Vital Choice Salmon Marinade
- In a small bowl, mix marinade with olive oil.
- Coat salmon with mixture and let marinade for at least 10 minutes.
- Place marinaded salmon in oven.
Plate and enjoy!