A combination of soy and pumpkin make this a nutritious alternative to traditional fat-laden
cheesecake, yet the taste is similar.
- 2 cups firm tofu
- 2 cups canned or fresh pumpkin
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- one 9-inch deep-dish pie shell (see recipe below)
Blend tofu until smooth. Add the above ingredients and continue blending until mixed. Preheat
oven to 350 degrees. Pour ingredients into pie shell. Bake for an hour, or until crust is done.
Chill in refrigerator for at least an hour. Serve chilled. Serves 8.