A long-standing Sears’ family favorite that even our toddlers enjoyed, zucchini pancakes make for a fun, quick, and healthy breakfast. The recipe makes one, thick, 8-inch pancake, or you can make smaller ones.
- 1 cup (or more) shredded zucchini
- 1 whole egg
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of your choice of flour (depending on how thick you like your pancakes)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or sesame seeds (for children over four)
- fruit spread or mild salsa for topping
Stir ingredients together without over-beating. Bake on a preheated griddle. Before flipping, sprinkle on sunflower or sesame seeds, if desired. Serve with fruit spread or salsa. Serves 2.