- Sweet peppers (1/2, large) 170 mg.
- Chili peppers (1) 109 mg.
- Brussel sprouts (1/2 cup) 48 mg.
- Broccoli (1/2 cup) 41 mg.
- Artichoke (1 medium) 30 mg.
- Sweet potato (1) 28 mg.
Honorable mention: Tomato, cauliflower, kale, and a potato all have between 20 and 25 mg. of vitamin C
DV: Children: 50 mg.; Adults: 60 mg.
NUTRITIP: RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
Take the heat; it’s worth it. Recent research shows that the same chemical that flames your throat, capsaicin, is also a potent anti- cancer phyto. Also, chili peppers top the list of vitamin-C-containing vegetables. Prefer sweet peppers? They’re also an excellent source of vitamin C.