Pregnancy Baby Growth during Weeks 30-34
Let’s look at the ten pregnancy baby growth milestones baby is now making:
- By the end of this month baby weighs from 3-4 pounds and is 16-18 inches long.
- Fat deposits double, giving baby a more filled-out appearance.
- Her skin begins to shed the silky, lanugo hair that covered the skin.
- The hair on her eyelids and eyebrows grows longer.
- Some babies sprout a full head of hair.
- She can blink her eyes in reaction to outside light.
- Baby has rapid brain growth and experiences definite REM and non-REM sleep stages.
- Hiccups, which a mother may experience as sudden jerks, are common now.
- Baby becomes more aware of her outside world and can react to its stimuli.
- If she is born now, your baby may be able to breathe outside the womb on her own without medical assistance.