The Portable Pediatrician app is now available on iPhone/iPad
From America’s leading authorities on childcare — everything you need to know about your child’s health from birth through adolescence.
In their first app, the authors of the million-copy bestseller The Baby Book and a wide range of popular parenting guides, put a childcare encyclopedia at your fingertips.
Having The Portable Pediatrician app on your mobile device is like getting a house call by Dr. Sears whenever you need it. Whether you are up in the middle of the night with a sick child or looking for sound preventive advice, The Portable Pediatrician app provides the answers you seek.
The Portable Pediatrician App Includes:
- A complete A-Z list of pediatric concerns, illnesses, and emergencies, browsable by topic
- A searchable database—enter a keyword and find what you’re looking for
- Special “Dr. Sears Tips” throughout—expert guidance from the Sears’ vast range of knowledge and experience
- A portable medicine cabinet, listing common items to keep in the home and how best to use them
- Helpful advice about pediatric checkups and what to expect at your child’s appointments
- Growth charts—compare your child’s length, weight, and BMI with national averages
- More from the Sears Parenting Library—learn about the authors and the books that more than two million parents rely on for parenting advice.
Click here to Purchase the Portable Pediatrician App
Dr. Sears, or Dr. Bill as his “little patients” call him, has been advising busy parents on how to raise healthier families for over 40 years. He received his medical training at Harvard Medical School’s Children’s Hospital in Boston and The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, the world’s largest children’s hospital, where he was associate ward chief of the newborn intensive care unit before serving as the chief of pediatrics at Toronto Western Hospital, a teaching hospital of the University of Toronto. He has served as a professor of pediatrics at the University of Toronto, University of South Carolina, University of Southern California School of Medicine, and University of California: Irvine. As a father of 8 children, he coached Little League sports for 20 years, and together with his wife Martha has written more than 40 best-selling books and countless articles on nutrition, parenting, and healthy aging. He serves as a health consultant for magazines, TV, radio and other media, and his AskDrSears.com website is one of the most popular health and parenting sites. Dr. Sears has appeared on over 100 television programs, including 20/20, Good Morning America, Oprah, Today, The View, and Dr. Phil, and was featured on the cover of TIME Magazine in May 2012. He is noted for his science-made-simple-and-fun approach to family health.