Dr. Bill’s 10-step Anti-Cancer Program
With trillions of cell duplications occurring inside you every day, it stands to reason that a few of those cells will become out of control renegades. If your body’s immune system is strong enough to search out and destroy these cells, you don’t “get cancer.” If the cells win the battle with your body, you do get cancer. Good nutrition is one of many ways you can help your body fight this daily battle. If you think of phytonutrients in plant foods as chemo-prevention, you may someday spare yourself chemotherapy. Enjoy your food and your health with my 10-step anti-cancer program.
1. Reduce stress.
2. Stay lean.
3. Increase exercise.
4. Limit dietary fat to 20 percent of total calories, with less than 10 percent of total calories as saturated fats. Eliminate hydrogenated fats.
5. Increase fiber to between 25 and 35 grams a day.
6. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
7. Eat foods high in the antioxidants beta carotene, vitamin C and vitamin E.
8. Switch from red meat to seafood and soy products.
9. Eat foods high in calcium.
10. Consider daily supplements of the following:
- Vitamin C, 500 mg.
- Calcium, 500 mg.
- Flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed), 30 grams
- Acidophilus powder, 1 teaspoon
- Vitamin E, 200 IU
- Selenium, 100 mcg.