Here are the developmental milestones that most babies will achieve by this age:
- Gross motor – rolls over, good head control, pushes up with arms while on tummy, stands supported.
- Fine motor – reaches out and grabs objects, holds and shakes rattle
- Language – will consistently turn toward sounds, makes variety of baby sounds such as “ah-oh”.
- Social – laughs hilariously, variety of different cries for different needs, uses arms and body to indicate wants and needs.
- Standing on your lap
- Playing while propped upright at an angle
- Rolling on a beach ball or cylinder
- Grabbing and chewing on own toes
- Shaking rattles
AT AGE FIVE MONTHS
- Pushing off with feet
- Grabbing your nose and hair
- Squeaky toys
- Mirror play