- apples, grated, with skins, 2Add 3/4 cup of fruit juice (unsweetened) and cook apples until soft. Blend and strain excess liquid.
- apple, grated, unpeeled and uncooked, 1, put aside
- rice flour, 1 cup
- barley flour, 1 cup
- rolled oats (grind in coffee grinder), 1 cup
- baking powder, 11/2 tsp.
- cinnamon, 1 tablespoon
- sea salt, 1/2 tsp.
- eggs, 2
- canola oil, 1/4 cup
- maple syrup, 1/4 cup, or unrefined cane sugar, 1 cup (If using maple syrup, omit all rice milk, except 1/3 cup.
- rice milk, 11/2 cups (you can use non-fat dairy milk)
- raisins, firmly packed, 1 cup
Mix all dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, mix liquid ingredients. At the same time, mix apples (cooked) equal to 11/2 cups of liquid ingredients. Take dry and liquid ingredients and mix together with raisins and uncooked apples. Bake in muffin tins at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes, or use jumbo tins and cook for a longer time.
Makes approximately 18 small muffins.
Thanks, Stephanie Mayo!
San Juan Capistrano, California