- 2 cans reduced fat cream of celery soup
- 1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 lbs. firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- frozen mixed vegetables (or green peas and carrots), 1 large package (16-20 ounces)
Mix all together in a large bowl. Pour into a buttered 13×9 casserole dish. Pour on the biscuit topping (below). Bake at 350 degrees for an hour or until bubbling.
Biscuit topping ingredients:
- 1 cup milk or water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 11/4 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup dry milk powder or soy powder
- 3/8 cup oil
Combine dry ingredients. Cut in oil using fingers or a food processor to get the texture of fine crumbs. (This mix can be made in larger quantities and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.) Stir milk or water into mix, just until moistened (don’t over mix).
Thanks, Pamela Wooley Fallbrook, California