The middle trimester is over, the final trimester begins, and your thoughts turn toward giving birth. During this month your baby gains at least a pound. You may gain anywhere from 3 to 5 pounds, and your uterus grows to midway between your navel and your rib cage. Naturally, your bigger baby makes herself felt in a bigger way.
You may be awakened by a punch to the ribs, or find yourself staring in awe at the basketball-like hump where your abdomen used to be. By the seventh month, your body demands you make lifestyle changes, whether you want to or not. You are simply too pregnant to go about your business at your previous pace. The waddle so characteristic of pregnant women creeps into your walk. Bending over to tie your shoes grows difficult, and putting on pantyhose becomes an exercise in gymnastics.
Seventh Month Articles
- 10 Common Annoyances in the Third Trimester of Pregnanc...
- Baby Kicking in the Womb
- Backache During Pregnancy
- Breathlessness During Pregnancy
- Easing Shortness of Breath During Pregnancy
- Third Trimester Emotions
- Ways to Reduce the Discomforts of Swelling During Pregn...
- Your Changing Body in the Seventh Month of Pregnancy